I realized when I started calling Ben "Ponzu Sauce" this morning that yet another nickname for him had been created. There's really no way to trace the mysterious evolution of Ben's nicknames, but I have tried to keep a somewhat accurate record of them. Here are some he's had over the months:
Benyard (kind of pronounced like "Leonard")
Professor Chaos
Wombat
Smenjamin
Been Jammin'
Sweet Pea (what my parents called me)
Boo Bear Bear/Boo Boo Face/Boo Boo/Boo Boo Buddy (Michael would sometimes say, "I think I hear the call of the North American Boo Boo Bear" when he heard Ben fussing)
Cuckoo/Cuckoo Clock/Cuckoo Buddy/Cuckoo Head
PuPu Platter (like the Chinese appetizer)
Pistachio Pudding Cup
Susan Sauce (no idea on this one)
Cinnamon Applesauce
Pekinese/Pekinese from the Pokonos (he's only referred to this way when he wakes up crying in the middle of the night, which is rare)
Petunia Patch
Pumpkin Pie
I know there must be tons more, but I stopped keeping track at a year. Only a very special baby could inspire this many crazy nicknames!
P.S. Despite all the food-inspired nicknames, I've never actually considered nibbling on Ben (though he IS a very delicious baby).
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment